Tuesday 3 April 2012

slow down

norreys avenue, tuesday 3 may 2012

 .. .. I have to keep reminding myself. This is supposed to be a week off while I complete the process of recharging my batteries. But I can’t help it. The autobiography has reached a very intriguing stage. I mentally explore possibilities. Should I expand on this? And what about that? Then there are some incidents which were nothing to write home about at the time but which had enormous consequences in the long run. The exercise of setting out the bare data of my employment in the years from 1952 to 1959 has shown me how complicated life could get when I had four part-time jobs with timetables which sometimes overlapped. Going into the details leaves me with the need to pick out the most significant threads. And it’s at that point I realise how some of the threads began life in earlier chapters, stayed dormant for a bit, and then came to the surface again years later. I begin to make a distinction between the jobs I did out of necessity and those which I did entirely by my own choice. And there’s plenty of food for thought there. More than one way of going forward.

francis cameron, oxford

Posted via email from franciscameron's posterous

No comments: