Tuesday 6 September 2011

my damascus moment

Yesterday afternoon, while making a hospital visit, I had a quite unexpected experience.

An Anglican priest, sitting at the bedside, asked me about my religious affiliation. When I affirmed Pagan he responded with that rare courtesy of the well informed. His next question, though, implied I had moved into Paganism from something else and that this had been a gradual process (and that's an interesting point of view in itself). I was happy to share with him my Damascus moment, the sudden intensity of epiphany (I hope that's the right word).

I had been through a sequence of experiences which had purged me from the very powerful beliefs imposed upon me 'from my youth up'. Into this my 'desert and solitary place' came a messenger. I was home.

I was once more with the Old Religion where we walk hand in hand with the old gods who are there from long before.

The Great Goddess and her consort .. ..

francis cameron, oxford, 6 september 2011

Posted via email from franciscameron's posterous

No comments: