Wednesday 13 October 2010

Woden's Day

It's good to see some familiar faces among all the new ones coming into the Union building for the first time. Of course some of the familiar faces are 'old familiar faces' in the friendliest sense of the word. At least one of the them is even older than me! I think I can detect which of the little huddles of members are politically minded and whose names will no doubt be among those standing for election to this or that Committee or Office later in the term. My mind keeps going back to the 'great ones' of the debates I attended in my undergraduate years - but it's quite clear the world is a very different place from what it was 60 years ago. When I look around now I am happy for the future.

Posted via email from franciscameron's posterous

No comments: