Thursday 7 January 2016

the knowledge of good and evil

I find myself sorely perplexed. I wrestle with a situation never mentioned in any lecture, class, discussion or dissertation I have observed. Yahweh God planted a garden in Eden … I rely on the 2nd chapter of the Book called Genesis.

Yahweh God has completed his creation of heaven and earth in six days and rested on the seventh. From Adamah, Adam is brought into being … and Yahweh God planted a garden in Eden … and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil in the middle of the garden.

‘the knowledge of good and evil’ Where does this evil come from? How can it be present in Yahweh God’s creation of heaven and earth? Unless … unless … Yahweh God created both good and evil. But this is unthinkable. It goes contrary to everything I have been taught or learned for myself. 

And it has implications far beyond the next scenario we are about to witness.


francis cameron, oxford, 2016 january 07

No comments: