Wednesday 31 August 2011

reminders of september

I'm enjoying the gradual though inevitably slow process of scanning a lifetime of photos into digital form. This morning I've been looking back over some of the images made in recent Septembers. For me they are beautiful reminders.

2010 09 12 :: London, the Conway Hall, a Day for Gerald - and right at the end of the day I had my twenty minutes to take the stage and pay tribute to Dafo, the woman who introduced Gerald Gardner to the Old Religion : the woman, but for whom, there would be no Wicca today ..

2009 :: quiz nights at the Gloucester Arms ; a Day for Doreen at the Conway Hall ; the Magic Café ; and a procession from a local church singing the Lourdes Hymn as they passed along Norreys Avenue ..

2008 :: meandering round and about in Oxford ; and going to a not very good Continuing Education weekend course.

2007 :: the house opposite is up for auction ; neighbours at the far end of the street invited us all to a street party ..

2006 :: I revelled in a copy of the Gutenburg Bible ..

2005 :: apart from a visit to Far From the Madding Crowd, I seem to have wandered not far from home ..

2004 :: lacuna in September

2003 :: I was with Janet and Katy in Oxford ; I dreamed along the streets and shops of Camden Town as part of my Goth interlude in London and in Oxford ..

2002 :: to Leeds for their annual Pagan Federation Conference - I spoke about The Magus of Marylebone ..

2001 :: there was Broomstick and there was the magnificent URP Moot in Manchester, laus deabus

2000 :: to the Abbots bromley horn dance with Trin Forest and Nikki ..

1999 :: no images scanned as yet, but this was the month I returned to Oxford from my interlude in the Forest of Dean and with Katy set up a Wicca and Witchcraft study group..

francis cameron, oxford, 31 august 2011

Posted via email from franciscameron's posterous

No comments: