Thursday 6 January 2011

digitising old negatives

I bought myself a nice little inexpensive film and slide scanner from Micro Invika so I have begun to digitise some of the thousands of negatives I have stored in albums. Today I have been working on files from 1971 which was a very important year for me. It was my third year as Assistant Director of the New South Wales Conservatorium of Music. I toured as their pianist with the Singers of David in Queensland. I began to take notice of anthropology in connection with the New Hebrides. In the last term of the year I ran the Conservatorium while the Director was in and out of hospital with heart problems. After the end of term, four of us flew off to the South Pacific. I didn't know it at the time, but a new chapter of my life was about to begin.

Posted via email from franciscameron's posterous

No comments: